CSA???

Guest kennmikp

Guest kennmikp

Anyone know what the score is with informing the CSA your emigrating???

I currently pay to my X wife straight from my wages here in the UK.

My wages will enevitably stop prior to my move, but i dont want to stop payment obviously.

Will the CSA try to assess me on my earnings in Aus???? Or will they have to re-assess me on my earnings here in the UK??? (will have forces pension).

Thanks guys/girls.

Guest Ph0en1x
Anyone know what the score is with informing the CSA your emigrating???

I currently pay to my X wife straight from my wages here in the UK.

My wages will enevitably stop prior to my move, but i dont want to stop payment obviously.

Will the CSA try to assess me on my earnings in Aus???? Or will they have to re-assess me on my earnings here in the UK??? (will have forces pension).

Thanks guys/girls.

Try here

http://www.csa.gov.uk/en/setup/parents-living-abroad.asp

Guest Smudger2go

Hello My first post, hope it’s useful, I have looked in to this a bit but am no expert!! I’m in a similar position I think, got a forces pension in the UK, probably leaving it in the UK so will be paying UK tax, then earning in Oz.

Quote from the Aus CSA.

http://www.csa.gov.au/international_parents/uk.php#payer'>http://www.csa.gov.au/international_parents/uk.php#payer

I live in Australia and pay child support to the other parent in the United Kingdom

Why do I have to pay?

Under Australian law CSA can collect child support and or spousal maintenance on behalf of the other parent in the UK. A parent receiving child care payments living in the UK can apply to CSA for an administrative assessment for child support from a person living in Australia. The other parent in the UK can also ask CSA to enforce a court order for child support or spousal maintenance made in the UK.

What if I disagree with the amount?

If you think the administrative assessment for child support is wrong you should contact CSA to discuss your options. If there is a court order for child support or spousal maintenance and your circumstances have changed, you may be able to apply for the order to be changed. You should seek legal advice about this.

How do I make payments?

You should make payments to CSA in Australia. We will convert your payment to foreign currency and send it to the parent receiving child care payments.

More information on how to make payments.

If you make any payments directly to the receiving parent in the UK you must tell CSA.

For more information on direct payments contact CSA.

And from your Ex's point of view

I live in the United Kingdom and receive child support from the other parent living in Australia

How do I apply?

You can ask the Australian CSA to enforce a court order for child support or spousal maintenance made in the UK. You can also apply for an administrative assessment for child support from a person living in Australia.

If you want to apply to Australia for enforcement of an existing order or for an administrative assessment you must contact the Reciprocal Enforcement of Maintenance Orders Unit in the UK.

REMO

Official Solicitor & Public Trustee

81 Chancery Lane

London WC2A 1DD0845

345 5303 (UK only-calls charged at local rate)

How is the money collected?

When CSA starts enforcing a court order or a new administrative assessment we will ask the paying parent to pay voluntarily. If the paying parent does not make payments CSA can take steps to collect child support under Australian law.

How will I receive payments?

Payments received by CSA are sent directly to you as a cheque in local currency. Please note that payments can only be sent when they are received from the paying parent and cheques are issued once per month.

I expect to pay CSA on both my UK and Australian taxable incomes, UK income under UK rules 15/20/25% depending on how many children and I suspect Aus CSA by their Calculation at the link below.

https://processing.csa.gov.au/estimator/

found at

http://www.csa.gov.au/

Hope this gives you something to work on.

Guest guest36187

We were in your position. We were paying for my husbands twins. When we left they were 17. His ex asked how we were going to pay when we left. We just said same as always. By direct debit and into your account!!!! We just continued paying as in the UK. Simple really!

• 1 year later...

My situation was, my ex went to live in Australia and would not pay child support, there was an attachment of earnings on his wages here in the UK but obviously that stopped when he stopped working. At this point he owed thousounds in unpaid childsupport which he was paying back slowly. He emmigrated without telling me, telling me huge lies about medicals when his daughters had to have medicals he said it was because he was setting up private healthcover for them. Anyway, I had to go to court to get a reciprical agreement order, this was then sent to Australia and the CSA in Australia started collecting from him in Australia then sending the amount to me in the form of a cheque once every three months, however the thousands in back payments could never be recovered the moment he left the country that was unrecoverable. I would advise just sending CSA (UK )a letter saying you are emigrating (make the voluntary payments if you want to directly ) Then when you start working in Australia contact CSA Australia and ask for them to make the payments.

Archived